At a Trade Fair在商品交易会上
1. Welcome you to the Fair.
2. It's extremely kind of you to come and meet me.
3. Is this your first visit to the Fair?
4. Have you had time to go through the products halls?
5. Would you please introduce us to some of the most reliable exporters of Chinese handicrafts?
6. The purpose of my participation in the Fair is to explore the possibilities of establishing trade relations with your corporations.
7. To my surprise, I found a wide variety of articles, some of which, I should say, could be found a ready market in my country.
8. We'll try our best to widen our business relationship with you.
9. The depressed market results in the stagnation of trade.
10. If you want to buy the products here, we can arrange shipment at once.
11. Our corporation has engaged in ceramic production for many years, and our products have been sold all over the world.
12. If there is anything special, you can always tell me.
1. Please let us know about the credibility of Brown Brothers?
2. We'd like to see your annual report for the last two years.
3. The Bank of America grants them unsecured letters of credit.
4. Do you know anything about the financial standing of this company?
5. There is no record of a loan ever being refused.
6. There has been no recent need for long-term or short-term borrowing.
7. May I ask the names of your banks?
8. They've had some experience importing from a German company.
9. They're already distributing computer hardware for an American company.
10. How about their latest sales figures?
11. Their sales have actually gone down.
12. This company is deeply in debt.
1. The preliminary market test is due to start next month.
2. Everyone knows that there've been some major changes in our market over the last five years.
3. We have decided to strengthen market research and gather more information from various resources.
4. Do you have any particular plan to help them to open up new markets?
5. Do you often carry out market research?
6. We sent questionnaires to both manufacturers and users of microwave ovens.
7. What were their reactions?
8. Of these, 30% of the users were satisfied with the performance of their existing ovens.
9. Manufacturers are interested in technical improvements.
10. We've reported some of the preliminary findings in the study.
11. 352----that's 65%----replied to our questionnaires.
12. I would suggest that you should be still more flexible in doing business.
Introduction to a Company介绍公司
1. Do you happen to know our company?
2. I hear about your company quite often.
3. Our company was established in 1996.
4. Our company was founded five years ago as an affiliate of United Trading Company.
5. We have about 1200 employees, three hundred in the office and nine hundred in the plant.
6. Where is your head office?
7. What line of business are you in?
8. We supply a wide range of office automation devices.
9. We're a manufacturer and seller of quality fabrics.
10. We have twenty branches abroad, and we've recently opened a new one in Bangkok.
11. As to our sales network, we have a total forty-six sales agents throughout the country.
12. Our sales were up twelve percent last year, occupying about thirty-five percent of the market in printers.
1. Would you like to have a look at our showroom?
2. Shall I show you our product information sheet?
3. Recently we've developed better technology. This is our latest product.
4. The system we have adopted is original.
5. Our products are easier to operate than our competitors'.
6. It's designed to conserve energy.
7. If the equipment can work three shifts per day, it can easily pay for itself in a year.
8. There's a great demand for our new product. There's been a big rush for it lately.
9. Our product is over and above our rival's products and yet, we're able to sell it at the same price.
10. Our equipment can be repaired very quickly.
11. Compared with competing products, ours is smaller and lighter.
12. We strongly recommend this product.
1. We are trying to find a market for this article.
2. According to your estimate, what is the maximum annual turnover you could fulfill?
3. Your new product has a strong footing in the market.
4. How many sales representatives do you have?
5. They talked over at great length the matter of how to increase the sale of your products.
6. This product has been a best seller for nearly one year.
7. They are doing their utmost to open up an outlet.
8. We can discuss further details when you have a thorough knowledge of the marketing possibilities of our products.
9. Our sales representatives pay regular visits to these buyers and have established excellent connections with them.
10. We approach the retailers direct, without any middleman.
11. Before fixing our prices, we have to know what your service charges will be.
12. You can raise your prices so as to cover us with a certain percentage.
1. There are a lot of ways to push sales, for example, try to make yourself known by TV commercials.
2. For a new company, advertising on TV is absolutely necessary.
3. I think the first thing is what media we should use and when we should place advertising in the media.
4. Very often in a campaign, two or more media are used together.
5. What kind of image do you want to convey in the advertisement?
6. The company has decided to start a large-scale promotion in summer. We're sure the sales will start to recover with the successful advertisement.
7. Some big companies advertise their products by sponsoring big sports events.
8. I have to draw an advertising leaflet for the new product.
9. We should get to know who are the audience for the selected advertising media.
10. Definitely the advertising budget will have to be cut.
11. We can't cover the total cost of advertising.
12. Is it possible for you to back us up with a reasonable amount of advertising?
Establishing Business Relations建立业务关系
1. I travel a lot every year on business, but this is my first visit to your country.
2. I'd like to introduce a colleague----Ben White.
3. Ben's just joined us from Sweden and he'll be looking after you from now on.
4. I look forward to working with you.
5. Now I've a feeling that we can do a lot of trade in this line. We wish to establish relations with you.
6. Your desire coincides with ours.
7. Would you like to market our products under your name?
8. We'd like an exclusive agreement.
9. Would you represent us throughout your country?
10. We always trade with foreign countries on the basis of equality and mutual benefit.
11. Establishing business relations between us will be to our mutual benefit.
12. I have no doubt that it will bring about closer ties between us.
A Business Luncheon商业便餐
1. Will you be busy for lunch tomorrow?
2. Why don't we have lunch at Richard's?
3. I'd like to introduce you to the new members of the project group.
4. Can we talk a little bit about the project?
5. What would you like to drink?
6. Bottoms up!
7. Allow me to propose a toast to our friendship and success of our talks.
8. Now let's try some chicken.
9. Would you like to use chopsticks?
10. I like Chinese food very much and I think Chinese cooking is the best in the world.
11. Thank you very much for preparing such a splendid dinner specially for me.
12. I'll pick up the tab.
1. In consideration of your extensive experience in the field, we are glad to appoint you as our agent.
2. We've decided to entrust you with the sole agency for cars.
3. We can play an important part as a buying agent in your overseas trade.
4. Please get in touch with our agents for the supply of the goods you require.
5. I think it premature for us to discuss the question of agency.
6. When opportunity matures, we will consider making you our exclusive agent for the U.K.
7. Unless you increase the turnover, we can hardly appoint you as our sole agent.
8. I am here today to apply for the sole agency of your product in our local market.
9. I propose a sole agency agreement for bicycles for a period of 3 years.
10. When do you expect to sign the agency agreement?
11. Our agency agreement calls for a timely market report.
12. Since the agency agreement was signed, your turnover has amounted to $50,000.
1. You haven't submitted any preliminary tenders, have you?
2. Not yet, but we gathered from your last letter that your intended to get bids from us.
3. Then would you like us to draw up general plans and specifications?
4. Well there are many factors to be taken into consideration in deciding which type you want.
5. Shall we submit our tender to your Hong Kong office?
6. Yes, either direct or through your representative in Hong Kong.
7. A bond in the amount of US$5,000 is required when the tender is submitted.
8. The Tenders Committee reserves the right to reject any or all quotations received.
9. Telegraphic quotations are unacceptable.
10. The company that bids the lowest price and most favorable terms will win the contract.
11. We received three tenders for the contract.
12. Bids for building the bridge were invited from British and American firms.
Patent and Trademark专利与商标
1. I am going to apply for a patent, but I'm not sure how to prepare the application.
2. You should submit a request, a description, and a claim.
3. The Patent Office will announce the result and notify the application with 18 months.
4. Only when everything is all right will the patent be registered.
5. For invention the duration of protection is 15 years.
6. By law, the protection of trademark in our country is limited to 30 years.
7. The producer or registrant should apply for the registration renewal every 30 years.
8. You must notice that trademark is limited by region.
9. The longer the protection, the more you have to pay.
10. For trademark registration, different countries follow different rules.
11. China has adopted the priority-of-registration principle.
12. A number of countries prefer the priority-of-use principle.
1. I'd like to know the possibility of technology transfer from you.
2. That's what we are interested in. Can you give me more information on your factory and production?
3. Now what we need badly are know-how, engineering services and technical assistance.
4. We have the world's most advanced technology for both production and management. We can supply all the licenses in this line.
5. What rights will the license grant to the factory?
6. It will grant rights of both manufacture and sale of our products.
7. The license is nonexclusive and nontransferable.
8. What are the payments for the technology?
9. We propose that you begin the royalty from the third production year.
10. If improvements in technology are made, will you provide us with them free of charge?
11. We agree to keep confidential all your technical information and know-how.
12. In the agreement you should also guarantee the ownership of the patent, know-how and technology.
Export of Labor Service劳务输出
1. In recent years, many Chinese workers and technicians have been sent abroad to undertake construction projects.
2. We are capable of undertaking large construction projects worth more than US$100 million.
3. The prices for the project and labor services are reasonable and competitive.
4. We will provide any line of engineers and technical workers needed for the project construction or equipment installation.
5. In the interest of our clients, we would train their technical staff at request.
6. Employers shall make necessary arrangements so that engineers may be provided with doctor services and hospital facilities in case of need.
7. The employer shall be provided the workers with the air tickets from Beijing to Bamako, and from Bamako to Beijing upon terminating the service.
8. The employees must obey the laws and regulations of our country.
9. The employment is for a period of two years from January 1, 2000 to January 1, 2002.
10. Professor Brown's housing shall be provided by us during the service period.
11. They work five days a week and seven hours a day with legal holidays.
12. As China has huge labor resources, labor export is an advantage for China's participation in international economic activities.
International Leasing Trade国际租赁贸易
1. If you are interested in leasing trade, please let us know.
2. The supplier wishes to sell his products and sees in international leasing the means of achieving this with more certainty and speed.
3. The lessee wants to buy certain equipment and sees in leasing the means to do this with less financial pressure.
4. Would you please fill out this leasing application first?
5. The leasing company will have to find out whether its customer will be able to make the contractual rental payments.
6. Would you provide your balance sheet and profit and loss accounts for the past three years?
7. We leased the machines from a Japanese leasing firm last month.
8. The ownership of the leased equipment remains with the lessor.
9. We're interested in setting up a power plant in this city with equipment and technology to be leased from abroad.
10. Please let us know in detail the machines you wish to lease from us, including specifications, production flow and designed productivity and term of the lease.
11. The rental is to be calculated on the basis of the export price of the equipment.
12. At the expiration of the lease, the equipment should be returned to us in good condition.
Foreign Trade Policy外贸政策
1. I need to know your policy on investment.
2. Absorption of foreign capital is an essential part of our business activities.
3. It covers foreign loans to government departments, enterprises and direct foreign investment.
4. It is said that you are taking up a new policy in your foreign trade.
5. We keep to the principle of equality and mutual benefit.
6. Only we are trying to follow some general international practices.
7. Then your policy must be more flexible than before.
8. Before we use foreign capital, we first make clear the orientation and focal point of investment.
9. We're pleased to know that you are beginning to accept both private and government-government loans.
10. Do you have any other restrictions or concrete policies regarding accepting loans?
11. Our paid-off period could be as long as 15 years, not including 3 years grace period.
12. But we will require you to purchase our equipment at least 25% of the total loan.
1. We agree to supply you with a complete set of equipment for the processing line.
2. We could manage to reduce our price by 3% if you are agreeable to pay us back wholly or in part by the resultant product of the equipment.
3. It's better for us to do total compensation trade.
4. Equipment costs will be paid for with the finished products produced by the machines.
5. If the equipment fails to give normal operation, you are to repair them at your cost.
6. How long should it take to have the payment completely made?
7. Three years or so. The sooner the better.
8. The price of countersale products shall be determined according to the prevailing world market price at the time of each shipment.
9. Our bean curd processing line is the most advanced and well-known in the world.
10. We can only accept 80% of your requirements for five years.
11. We want you to supply annually 1,000 pieces of cotton goods and 14,000 garments.
12. We'll send five engineers to help you with the installation work.
Processing and Assembling Trade加工贸易
1. The processing and assembling business is a component part of our foreign trade.
2. We intend to do business with you on the basis of processing.
3. We would like to see that doing processing business will benefit both of us.
4. We'll provide fabric and accessories. Of course, we can assure you of their quality.
5. We'll let you have the finished products six months after the fabric and accessories arrive.
6. Before going further, may we ask you to let us have your idea on the following points?
7. We agree to pay for the equipment and technology by installments with the processing fees payable to us.
8. Please indicate the rate of processing or assembling charges, and also the method of payment.
9. All supplied materials will be reinspected by us. If they do not conform to the requirements of the processing, we may ask you to send us replacements.
10. For the finished products, a letter of credit at sight is required.
11. The rate of substandard products should not exceed 5%.
12. The trademark and the labels to be used on the products we process will be designated by you.
1. I should like to discuss with you ways in which we build a chemical works as a joint venture.
2. I want to know more about the joint venture policy of your country.
3. I think you are more concerned about paying less taxes and getting more benefit.
4. Can we remit our profit to foreign countries?
5. Yes, you can, after having paid taxes.
6. How much would the total amount of investment come to?
7. It would be US$6 million. This figure, as I see it, is large enough to provide the construction funds and circulating capital for a project producing textile products.
8. How much would the registered capital be?
9. It should be USD3 million, accounting for 50%.
10. What about the investment proportion of the two parties?
11. We are prepared to contribute 57%, including cash, factory buildings and premises.
12. The joint venture is to be put under the guidance of the board of directors.
Inside the Office公司内部
1. I wonder if there's any possibility of our setting up an overseas branch.
2. Well, that's a difficult question and I suppose my answer is yes.
3. I'm afraid this bank won't advance the money. What shall we do?
4. Well, what I suppose is this. We should try a joint venture in order to raise the necessary fund.
5. Since Mr. Brown's been offered a better job by another firm. Is there anyone to replace him?
6. I just can't think of anyone offhand, but there should be somebody we'd like to promote.
7. I wish I didn't have to say this, but the board of directors has agreed to cut down on the present staff.
8. I knew sooner or later this would come.
9. To be honest, since you are not in a position to make any decision, you shouldn't have committed yourself.
10. Say, how about joining me for dinner somewhere after we get through with this?
11. That's a superb idea! In that case, why don't we invite Miss Green to come with us?
12. I wish I could. But she's left for the day.