英语论坛 » 实用英语论坛 » WTO English 600

2004-5-14 06:49 KY2004
WTO English 600


Meeting at the Airport接机

1. Excuse me, Sir. Are you Mr. White from New York?
对不起,先生。您是从纽约来的怀特先生吗?

2. I'm Liu Mei, from Guangzhou Textile Import & Export Corporation. I've come to meet you.
我是广州纺织品进出口公司的刘梅,我是来接您的。

3. Welcome to Guangzhou, Mr. White. Our manager will come to greet you later at the hotel.
怀特先生,欢迎来到广州。我们的经理稍后会来酒店问候您。

4. Did you have a pleasant trip?
旅途愉快吗?

5. Yes, I enjoyed it very much.
是的,旅途非常愉快。

6. Anyhow, it's a long way to China, isn't it? I think you must be very tired.
不管怎样,远道来到中国,不是吗?我想您一定很累了。

7. But I'll be all right by tomorrow and ready for business.
不过,我明天就会好的,也会准备好谈生意。

8. Do you know where the baggage claim area is?
您知道行李认领处在哪儿吗?

9. How many pieces of Luggage do you have?
您有几件行李?

10. I wish you a pleasant stay here.
祝您在这儿过得愉快。

11. Thank you for meeting me at the airport.
谢谢您到机±唇游摇?br>
12. If all is ready, we'd better start for the hotel.
如果一切都准备好了,我们最好动身去宾馆吧。  

2004-5-14 06:51 KY2004
At the Customs 在海关


1. Please bring your luggage here for inspection.
请把您的行李拿到这里检查。

2. On what status are you traveling?
请问您是以什么身份进行这次旅游的?

3. I am a general manager and I'm invited to attend the trade fair here.
我是一家公司的总经理,应邀前来参加商品交易会的。

4. How long will you stay in China?
您将在中国停留多长时间?

5. Will you show me your declaration form, please?
请出示您的报关单。

6. Have you anything to declare?
您有物品需要报关的吗?

7. No. I have only personal effects.
没有。我只有随身物品。

8. Your briefcase is exempted from examination. Will you open this suitcase, please?
您的公文包不用检查,请打开这个手提箱。

9. I have two cameras. One is for personal use and the other is intended to be a gift.
我有两台相机。一台自用,另外一台是作为礼物送人的。

10. Each passenger is allowed one camera duty-free. You'll have to pay duty for the other one.
每个旅客允许一台相机免税,所以另外一台要交税。

11. Be sure to put down its make, brand and serial number.
务必写清楚它的产地、品牌和编号。

12. When did you get your last vaccination? Show me your health certificate, please.
您最后一次预防注射是在什么时候?请出示您的健康证明。

2004-5-14 06:52 KY2004
Call on a Customer 拜访客户


1. I have an appointment with Mr. Smith at 3 o'clock.
我与史密斯先生三点钟有个约会。

2. I'll show you to his office. Please follow me.
我带您到他的办公室去。请跟我来。

3. Excuse me, but is this the office of the Textile Corporation?
对不起,这是闹??镜陌旃?衣穑?br>
4. Welcome to our corporation.
欢迎到我们公司来。

5. I'm here to discuss the possibility of establishing business relations with your company.
我来这里准备与你们商讨同贵公司建立贸易关系的事情。

6. Have you seen the exhibits displayed in the halls?
看到大厅里展出的产品了吗?

7. I'm particularly interested in those brightly colored and beautifully designed silks.
我对那些色彩鲜艳、设计美观的丝绸特别感兴趣。

8. Silks are one of China's traditional exports and they are usually well received abroad.
丝绸是中国的传统出口产品之一,在国外很畅销。

9. Can you give me a price list with specifications?
您能否给我一份有规格说明的价目表呢?

10. Do you think we could order some right away?
我们能否马上就订购一些?

11. If you make an inquiry, we can make you a firm offer.
如果您询价,我们可以报实盘。

12. Though it's always in a great demand, we can keep you regularly supplied as your company enjoys a high reputation in doing business.
尽管这种商品的需求量很大,但由于贵公司做生意讲信誉,我们可以保证定期供货。

2004-5-14 06:53 KY2004
Receiving Visitors 接待来访者


1. What can I do for you?
有什么能为您效劳吗?

2. I'd like to see your manager about the contract of washing machines.
我想见见你们的经理,谈有关洗衣机合同的事。

3. Here's my card.
这是我的名片。

4. I have an appointment with Mr. Andrew at ten.
我和安德鲁先生约了10点钟见面。

5. Would you please wait a moment?
请您稍等一下,好吗?

6. Mr. Andrew is talking with a client from Japan.
安德鲁先生正在和一位日本的客户谈话。

7. Maybe he can meet you ten minutes later.
也许他10分钟以后可以见您。

8. Would you please have a cup of coffee in the reception room?
您在接待室喝杯咖啡,好吗?

9. I've been expecting your call.
我一直在等您的电话。

10. It's nice to make your acquaintance, Mr. Smith.
很高兴见到您,史密斯先生。

11. I'm glad to have met you, Mr. Andrew. Thank you for your time.
很高兴和您见面,安德鲁先生。谢谢你花了那么多时间。

12. I'm looking forward to our next meeting.
我期待着我们下次的见面。

2004-5-14 06:54 KY2004
Making an Agenda 制定日程


1. I'm here to ask your opinion about the time schedule of the next five days.
我来这儿想征求一下您对以后五天日程安排的意见。

2. I was wondering if it would suit you right now?
不知道眼下谈对您是否合适?

3. I am wondering whether you like this plan.
我不知道您是否喜欢这个计划。

4. What do you think of this arrangement?
您对这个安排有什么看法?

5. We've drawn up a tentative program for the following five days, which lasts from tomorrow till the day you board the plane to San Francisco.
我们初步拟定了从明天起到你们搭上飞机飞往三藩市为期5天的日程安排。

6. The plan fits us very nicely.
这份计划对我们非常合适。

7. Would it be possible for a free afternoon to be arranged?
是否有可能空出一个下午自由活动呢?

8. I want to take this opportunity of business trip to pay a visit to my friend.
我想利用这次出差机会顺便拜访朋友。

9. Is there anything else you'd like to achieve on this visit?
你们这次来还有别的事情要办吗?

10. How would you like to proceed with the negotiation?
您想如何继续进行谈判?

11. I guess you would like to get down to business this afternoon.
我猜您想今天下午开始谈生意。

12. We are total strangers here, and I suppose the safest way is to put ourselves at your disposal.
我们在这儿人生地不熟,我想最保险的做法就是听从你的安排。

2004-5-14 06:56 KY2004
Changing Plans 改变计划


1. I'm afraid there's been a change in today's program.
恐怕今天的计划有一些变化。

2. Something urgent has come up.
有急事。

3. I just got word that your appointment with our manager will have to be put off.
我刚得知,您与我们经理的约会不得不推迟了。

4. Mr. Johnson is sending his apologies and has asked me to find out if tomorrow would be all right with you.
约翰逊先生表示歉意,同时要我征求一下明天对您是否合适。

5. Yes, tomorrow will be just as good.
可以,明天也行。

6. Then shall we make it ten o'clock tomorrow morning?
那么,我们就定在明天早上10点,好吗?

7. I've made some changes in my plan.
我的计划作了一些变动。

8. In that case, you won't stay long than six days?
那样的话,您逗留不会超过6天吧?

9. I'm very sorry that I won't be able to keep my appointment with you on Friday.
非常抱歉,星期五我不能守约了。

10. I was informed this morning that I was to fly to Birmingham this evening on urgent business.
今天早上我被通知,今天晚上我要飞往伯明翰处理一件急事。

11. Could we postpone our meeting to sometime early next week?
我们能否将约会推迟到下星期的头几天?

12. Shall I book the plane ticket for your return?
我为您预订回来的机票好吗?

2004-5-14 06:57 KY2004
Before Touring a Factory参观工厂前


1. I've been looking forward to seeing your plant.
我一直期待着参观你们的工厂。

2. I hope to learn a lot from this visit.
我希望能从这次参观中学到很多东西。

3. May I show you our brochure?
我拿我们的小册子给您看看,好吗?

4. May I have a look at your pamphlets?
我可以看看你们的小册子吗?

5. Please look on page thirty for our yearly production.
请看第30页,本公司的年度产品。

6. I'll show you a video introducing our company and new products.
我将让您看看介绍本公司和新产品的录像带。

7. I'd like you to meet some of our people.
我想让您见见我们公司的一些成员。

8. Mr. Collins, I'd like to introduce Mr. Chen, our president.
柯林斯先生,我想向您介绍我们的总裁,陈先生。

9. On my right is Mr. Brown, in charge of promotion and public relations.
在我右边的是布朗先生,负责推广和公共关系。

10. He was promoted to chief of the overseas sales department last year, so he's up to date with the European market.
他去年被提升为海外销售部主管,因此他知道最新的欧洲市场信息。

11. He's with the product development department. He knows more about this product than anyone else.
他在产品开发部,对这个产品,他知道得比其他任何人都多。

12. Our technical development may be familiar with the problem.
我们的技术部门也许熟悉这个问题。

2004-5-14 06:58 KY2004
Leading a Tour of a Factory带领参观工厂


1. We'll drive to our plant, which is about twenty minutes from the hotel.
我们将开车到工厂,从宾馆到工厂大约要20分钟。

2. Let me show you around.
让我带您到处看看。

3. Would you come this way, please? We're going up to the fourth floor.
请这边走好吗?我们要上四楼。

4. That's dangerous. Please keep off.
那很危险,请勿靠近。

5. Please feel free to ask any questions.
请随意提问。

6. What's your annual capacity?
你们的年产量是多少?

7. In this plant, we produce about 15,000 units per month. We're running on three shifts.
在这工厂,我们每月约生产15,000台。我们采用三班制。

8. We check each component before we install it.
每一部分在安装前,我们都做过检查。

9. We're quite proud of our quality control procedure.
我们深以我们的质量管理为荣。

10. We have five laboratories and a full-time staff of fifteen engineers.
我们有五间实验室,15名全职工程师。

11. Three percent of total sales is spent on research and development.
总销售额的3%花费在研究开发上。

12. I'm sorry but that's confidential. I can't answer your question.
很抱歉,那是机密。我无法回答您的问题。

2004-5-14 06:59 KY2004
After a Tour of a Factory参观工厂后


1. How about a coffee break?
我们休息一下,喝杯咖啡如何?

2. Say, it's about lunchtime.
嘿,差不多是午餐时间了。

3. Would you like to discuss it over lunch?
您愿意一边吃午餐一边讨论吗?

4. I'd like to discuss a few details with your manager tomorrow. 我想明天和你的经理讨论几个细节问题。

5. What do you think of our plant?
你对我们工厂有什么看法?

6. Having seen our plant, what's your overall impression?
参观过我们的工厂后,您的整体印象如何?

7. Very impressive.
令人印象深刻。

8. You certainly have a big operation with very fine facilities here.
你们的经营规模实在很大,这儿的设备也相当好。

9. We've spent a great deal of money on equipment, but it's better in the long run.
我们在设备上已经投下巨额的金钱,但就长远看是有利的。

10. Do you have any difficulty in meeting your production schedules?
在配合生产进度方面,你们有困难吗?

11. You have a very efficient plant.
你们是个很有效率的工厂。

12. I have confidence in establishing a long-term business relationship with you.
我有信心我们能建立长期的商业关系。

2004-5-14 07:00 KY2004
Airport Departure 机场送行


1. It's very kind of you to come and see me off.
您来给我送行真是太客气了。

2. It's a pity that you're leaving so soon.
真遗憾,你这么快就要离开了。

3. I'm very grateful to you for your warm hospitality.
您热情好客,我非常感谢。

4. What's your flight number?
您乘几号班机?

5. It's Flight No. 302, Northwest Orient Airlines.
是西北航空公司的302号班机。

6. Thank you very much for everything you have done for me during my stay in Britain.
十分感谢我在英国逗留期间您为我所做的一切。

7. I must, on behalf of my company, thank you again for your generous help.
我必须代表我的公司再次感谢你们对我慷慨的帮助。

8. My wife and I will be looking forward to seeing you when you come to the US.
我和我的妻子盼望着您到美国来。

9. I promise I'll take the first chance to call on you when I get there.
我到了那里时,一有机会一定马上去拜访您。

10. I shall miss you very much and thank you for your company.
我会非常想念你,感谢你的陪伴。

11. I hear they're announcing my flight over the public address system.
我听到扩音器在播我的班机信息了。

12. Bon voyage, Mr. Andrew. And a safe landing in the States.
安德鲁先生,一路顺风。祝您平安到达美国。

2004-5-14 07:01 KY2004
Inquiry询盘


1. What is it in particular you're interested in?
你对哪些产品感兴趣?

2. I'm interested in your bicycles.
我对你们的自行车感兴趣。

3. I think they will find a ready market in Malaysia.
我觉得它们在马来西亚会很有销路。

4. I'd like to have your lowest quotations, C.I.F. Rotterdam.
我想请你们报鹿特丹到岸价的最低价格。

5. Thank you for your inquiry.
谢谢你的询价。

6. Would you tell us what quantity you require so that we can work out the offer?
为了便于我方提出报价,能否请你谈谈你方需求的数量?

7. We wish to place an order with your corporation for 5,0000 bicycles.
我们希望向贵公司订购5,0000辆自行车。

8. Could you give me an indication of the price?
你们提出一个估计价格好吗?

9. Here are our F.O.B. price lists. The final prices are subject to our confirmation.
这是我们离岸价的价目单,最后价格以我方确认为准。

10. We'd like to know what you can offer in this line as well as sales, such as mode of payment, delivery, discount, etc.
我们想了解一下你们在这方面的供货能力、付款、装运和折扣等销售条件。

11. As a rule, we deliver all our orders within three months after receipt of the covering letters of credit.
一般来说,在收到信用证后3个月内就可以全部交货。

12. Our prices compare favorably with those offered by other manufacturers either in Europe or anywhere else.
同欧洲或其他地区的供货商提出的报价相比,我们的价格是优惠的。

2004-5-14 07:03 KY2004
Offer报盘


1. We have the offer ready for you.  
我们已经为你准备好报盘了。

2. I come to hear about your offer for fertilizers.
我来听听你们有关化肥的报盘。

3. We are in a position to offer tea from stock.
我们现在可以报茶叶现货。

4. We can offer you a quotation based upon the international market.
我们可以按国际市场价格给您报价。

5. We offer firm for reply 11 a.m. tomorrow.
我们报实盘,以明天上午11点答复为有效。

6. My offer was based on reasonable profit, not on wild speculations.
我的报价以合理利润为依据,不是漫天要价。

7. We always try out best to meet your requirements in view of our long relations.
鉴于我们长期的贸易关系,我们总是尽力满足你们的要求。

8. Is your offer a firm one or one subject to final confirmation?
你报的是实盘还是以最后确认为准?

9. This offer is based on an expanding market and is competitive.
此报盘着眼于扩大销路而且很有竞争性。

10. Please renew your offer for two days further.
请将报盘延期两天。

11. Please renew your offer on the same terms and conditions.
请按同样条件恢复报盘。

12. The offer will remain open for 3 days.
报价的有效期为3天。

2004-5-14 07:03 KY2004
Counteroffer还盘


1. We think your offer is too high, which is difficult for us to accept.
我们认为你方的报价太高了,我方难以接受。

2. Our offer is reasonable and realistic. It comes in line with the prevailing market.
我方的报价是合理的、现实的,符合当前市场的价格水平。

3. If you insist on your price and refuse to make any concession, there will be not much point in further discussion.
如果你方坚持自己的价格,不作让步,我们没有必要再谈下去了。

4. Let's have your counteroffer.
请还个价。

5. We make a counter-offer to you of $150 per metric ton F.O.B. London.
我们还价为每公吨伦敦离岸价150美元。

6. Your counteroffer is too low and we can't accept it.
你方还价太低了,我方无法接受。

7. It's absolutely out of the question for us to reduce our price to your level.
我们不可能将价格降到你方所要求的那样低。

8. We can't accept your offer unless the price is reduced by 5%.
除非你们减价5%,否则我们无法接受报盘。

9. I'm afraid I don't find your price competitive at all.
我看你们的报价毫无任何竞争性。

10. Still, I think it unwise for either of us to insist on his own price.
不过,我认为彼此都坚持自己的价格是不明智的。

11. I'll respond to your counter-offer by reducing our price by three dollars.
我同意你们的还价,减价3元。

12. If the price is higher than that, we'd rather call the whole deal off.
如果价格比这还高,我们宁愿放弃这桩生意。

2004-5-14 07:04 KY2004
Negotiating Prices议价


1. It's not possible for us to make any sales at this price.
我们无法以这种价格销售。

2. Well, ordinarily it's $ 13.62! But since our business relationship is of long standing, I will make it $ 13.00.
唔,通常是要13.62美元的!不过考虑到我们长久以来的贸易关系,我算你13美元吧。

3. Your price is higher than other companies.
你方的价格比其它公司的价格高。

4. But considering the high quality, our price is very reasonable.
不过鉴于产品的优良质量,我们的价格非常合理。

5. If you could go a little lower, I'd give you the order here and now.
如果你能把价格降低一点,我马上便向你们订货。

6. I'm afraid I can't. They are our bottom wholesale prices.
恐怖不能。这已经是我们的批发底价了。

7. Could you make it $6.50 per set, C.I.F. Hamburg?
你能否把价格定在每套6.50美元,C.I.F.汉堡?

8. What about the quantity?
数量多少?

9. 500 sets for September shipment.
500套于9月装船。

10. Can we meet each other half way?
我们能折衷一下吗?

11. I must talk with my boss before I make up my mind.
作决定之前,我必须和我老板讨论一下。

12. Let's close the deal at $6.70 per set, C.I.F. Hamburg.
让我们以每套6.70美元C.I.F.汉堡商定这宗买卖吧。

2004-5-14 07:05 KY2004
Order订货


1. We'd like to order your products. We'll send our official order today.
我们想订你们的货,今天会寄上正式的订单。

2. Did you get our order for your telephones?
你是否收到了我们订电话机的订单?

3. We've noticed that your orders have been falling off lately, haven't you?
我们发现贵公司的订单最近逐渐减少了,对吗?

4. That's because we have switched to made-up goods market.
那是因为我们转向成衣生意的缘故。

5. Is there anything I can book for you now?
目前有什么我可以代您订购的吗?

6. What we can order from you right now are cotton goods.
现在我们能向你订购的只有棉织品。

7. Can you let me have the name and quantities?
你可以告诉我货名和数量吗?

8. Unless you order in March, we won't be able to deliver in June.
除非你方三月订货,否则我们无法6月送货。

9. I'm ready to place an order with you, but only one condition is that the goods are confined to Finland.
我准备向你们订货,但是唯一的条件是,货物只限卖给芬兰的公司。

10. Advanced samples must arrive in London before the end of August; otherwise the goods are useless.
前寄样品必须在8月底以前到达伦敦,否则所订货物都将无效。

11. Can we make a change on order No. 29734?
我们可以修改一下29734号订单吗?

12. We want to increase the number of AR-26s on order No. 99725?
我们想增加99725号订单上AR-26的数量。

2004-5-14 07:06 KY2004
Stocks存货


1. Do you have EC-67s in stock?
你们有没有EC-67的库存?

2. We'd like to order a KV-3. Do you have that on hand?
我们想订KV-3,你们有现货吗?

3. I'll have that information by tomorrow.
明天之前我会得到那个消息。

4. Will you wait while I see if we have them in stock?
我看看那些有没有存货,请您稍等一会儿好吗?

5. I'm sorry. We're sold out of the goods at the moment.
很抱歉,现在货已经卖完了。

6. Thank you for your inquiry, but the goods are now out of stock. I'm sorry.
谢谢您的查询,可是现在没有存货了,很抱歉。

7. I'm sorry we've got no inventory on that at this time.
很抱歉,那个我们目前没有存货。

8. Our stock has run low. I hope you'll order from us as soon as possible.
我们的存货快没了,我希望你们尽快订货。

9. Regarding inventory, we'd like you to keep three months' worth of stock on hand.
关于存货,我们希望你们保留三个月的。

10. We don't like to have too much stock on hand.
我们不喜欢有太多的存货。

11. We only have ten of the items in stock.
那产品我们只有10台存货。

12. We have a large stock of the goods.
这货品我们有很多存货。

2004-5-14 07:07 KY2004
Delivery交货


1. Now we have settled the terms of payment. Is it possible to effect shipment during September?
我们已经谈妥了付款条件。是否可能在九月份交货?

2. When is the earliest we can expect shipment?
最早什么时候可以交货呢?

3. The goods must be shipped before October, or we won't be ready for the season.
十月份以前, 货必须装上船,否则我们便不能应季节备货。

4. Let's discuss the delivery date first.
我们先讨论交货日期。

5. You offered to deliver within three months after the contract signing.
你以前提出合同签订之后3个月之内交货。

6. We had delivery problems ourselves.
我们自己也遇到了交货问题。

7. I'm more interested in explanations. I'm more interested in being able to deliver goods on time.
我对解释不感兴趣,我感兴趣的是能否按时交货。

8. My team is out there in a very competitive market, fighting for orders.
我的人员在竞争非常激烈的市场上,正在为争取订货而拼命。

9. Could you deliver the drillers sooner?
你方的钻机能否早点交货?

10. I must say we can do very little in this matter.
我必须告诉你在这件事上我们无能为力。

11. The interval between contract signing and shipment is too long, I'm afraid.
恐怕签合同与交货时间相隔太长了。

12. I'll telex home for the earliest possible delivery date.
我会给国内打电报尽可能把交货日期提前。

2004-5-14 07:08 KY2004
Shipment装船


1. The shipment has arrived in good condition.
运到的货物情况良好。

2. We regret we can't ship as you desired.
很抱歉,我们不能按你们的要求装船。

3. We'll send vessels to pick up the cargo at Huangpu.
我们将派船只在黄埔装运。

4. Can our order of 100 cars be shipped as soon as possible?
我们订的100辆小汽车能尽快装运吗?

5. The order No. 105 is so urgently required that we have to ask you to speed up shipment.
第105号订单所订货物我们要急用,请你们加快装船速度。

6. I'm sorry to tell you that we are unable to give you a definite date of shipment for the time being.
很抱歉,现在我们还无法告诉您确切的装船日期。

7. After shipment, it will be altogether four to five weeks before the goods can reach our retailers.
从交货到零售商收到货物总共需要4至5个星期。

8. I'm terribly worried about late shipment.
我非常担心货物迟交。

9. We'd better have a brief talk about the loading port.
我们最好能就装运港问题简短地谈一谈。

10. We'd like to designate Shanghai as the loading port because it is near the producing area.
我们希望把上海定为装运港是由于它离货物产地比较近。

11. As most of our clients are near Tianjin, we'd like to appoint Tanggu as the unloading port.
我们的大多数客户离天津较近,所以我们想选择塘沽作为卸货港。

12. The facilities for shipping goods to Southeast Asian countries have changed a lot.
出口到东南亚的货物的装运条件已大大改善了。

2004-5-14 07:09 KY2004
Packing包装


1. The next thing I'd like to bring up for discussion is packing.
下面我想提出包装问题来讨论一下。

2. It is necessary to improve the packaging.
改进包装方法十分必要。

3. Packing has a close bearing on sales, and it also effects the reputation of products.
包装直接关系到产品的销售,也影响产品的声誉。

4. On the outer packing, please mark wording, "Handle with Care".
在外包装上请标明"小心轻放"字样。

5. Packing charge is about 2% of the total cost of the goods.
包装费用占货物总值的百分之二。

6. The machines must be well protected against dampness, moisture, rust and shock.
机器包装必须防湿、防潮、防锈、防震。

7. We have no objection to the stipulations about the packing and shipping mark.
我们同意关于包装和运输唛头的条款。

8. The packing must be strong enough to withstand rough handling.
包装必须十分坚固,以承受粗鲁的搬运。

9. We have especially reinforced out packing in order to minimize the extent of any possible damage to the goods.  
我们已经特意加固包装,以便使货物万一遭到的损坏减小到最低程度。

10. It would cost more for you to pack the goods in wooden cases.
使用木箱包装成本会高些。

11. We'll pack them two dozens to one carton, gross weight around 25 kilos a carton.
我们一纸箱装两打,每箱毛重25公斤。

12. The fountain pen is placed in a satin-covered small box, lined with beautiful silk ribbon.
钢笔装在一个锦缎小盒里,再用一条漂亮的绸带系在外面。

2004-5-14 07:10 KY2004
Terms of Payment付款方式


1. What is the mode of payment you wish to employ?
您希望用什么方式付款?

2. The only term of payment we can accept is 100% irrevocable documentary letter of credit.
我们能接受的付款条件只有100%不可撤销跟单信用证。

3. L/C at sight is what we request for all our customers.
开即期信用证是我方对我们所有客户的要求。

4. Will your bank open the L/C by mail or by telex?
你们的银行将用信函方式还是电报开信用证?

5. We may have some difficulties making payment in Japanese yen.
用日圆付款可能会有困难。

6. We can't accept payment on deferred terms.
我们不能接受延期付款。

7. Please protect our draft on presentation.
请见票即付。

8. The draft was discounted in New York.
汇票已经在纽约贴现。

9. We've drawn on you for payment of the invoice amounting to $30,000.
我们已经按照发票金额30,000美元向你方开出了汇票。

10. This is the normal terms of payment in international business.
这是国际贸易中惯用的付款方式。

11. It would help me greatly if you would accept D/P or D/A instead.
如果你们能接受付款交单或承兑交单,这会对我帮助很大。

12. Our draft No.36 was dishonored.
我们的第三十六号汇票被拒付了。

2004-5-14 07:12 KY2004
Commission佣金


1. Let's return to the topic of commission, shall we?
让我们回到佣金的话题上,好吗?

2. Usually a 1% commission is given to our agent.
一般情况下,我们给代理商百分之一的佣金。

3. We're usually paid with a 5% commission of the amount for every deal.
对每笔交易的成交量,我们通常付给5%的佣金。

4. Our quotation is subject to a 3% commission.
我方报价包括百分之三的佣金在内。

5. We don't pay any commission on our traditional products.
对我们的传统产品,概不付给佣金。

6. I'm afraid it goes against the usual commercial practice not to allow a commission.
不给佣金恐怕有悖于商业惯例吧。

7. Commission is allowed to agents only. We don't pay commission to firms dealing with us on principal-to-principal basis.  
我们只对代理付佣金。对于不通过中间商直接往来的商号,我们一概不付给佣金。

8. As commission agents we do business on commission basis.
作为佣金代理商,我们是以佣金为基础做生意的。

9. We can grant you an extra commission of 2% to cover the additional risk.
你们可以获得另外百分之二的佣金,以补偿你受的额外风险。

10. What do you say if we increase the order by 5,000 yards?
如果我们增加5,000码的订货,你认为如何?

11. Do not deduct the commission from the value of the consignment.
不要从货物的价值中扣除佣金。

12. It's really impossible for us to make any concession by allowing you any commission.
我们真的不可能在给你佣金的问题上作出任何让步。

2004-5-14 07:13 KY2004
Discount折扣


1. He's asking for a five percent larger discount than we normally give him.
他要求我们将折扣比往常再提高5%。

2. He already gets a higher discount than anyone else.
他得到的折扣已经比其他客户都高了。

3. I must say that your price is much higher than other quotations we've received.
我必须说你方的价格比我们收到的其他报价高得多。

4. This time I intend to place a large order but business is almost impossible unless you give me a better discount.
这次我想订一大批货。可是如果你不给我更多折扣的话,这笔生意几乎没有可能做成。

5. But how large is the order you intend to place with us?
可是,你打算同我们下的订单有多大呢?

6. 50,000 sets with a discount rate of 20%.
要50,000台,折扣率20%。

7. I'm afraid I could not agree with you for such a big discount. In this way, it won't leave us anything.
恐怕我不能同意给你这么大的折扣。这样的话,我方就无利可图了。

8. Considering our long-term business relationship, we shall grant you special discount of 10%.
考虑到我们之间的长期贸易关系,我们将给你方10%的特别折扣。

9. But 10% discount is not enough for such a big order.
但是对于这么大的订单,10%的折扣不够。

10. Only for special customers do we allow them a rate of 10% discount.
只有对十分特殊的客户,我们才给予10%的折扣。

11. Anyhow, let's meet each other half way, how about 15%?
不管怎样,我们相互让步,15%的折扣怎么样?

12. All right, I agree to give you 15% discount provided you order 80,000 sets.
好吧,我同意给15%折扣。但你得订购80,000台才行。

2004-5-14 07:14 KY2004
Insurance保险


1. May I ask you a few questions about insurance?
我可以问你几个关于保险的问题吗?

2. When should I go and have the tea insured?
我应该什么时候将这批茶叶投保?

3. What insurance rate do you suggest we should get?
你建议我们办什么样的保险费率呢?

4. The extent of insurance is stipulated in the basic policy form and in the various risk clauses.
保险的范围写在基本保险单和各种险别的条款里。

5. Since they are not delicate goods, and won't likely be damaged on the voyage, F.P.A. will be good enough.
因为这些货物不是易损易碎品,航行中不可能损坏,所以平安险就挺好了。

6. Obviously you won't want All Risks cover.
显然你不想保一切险。

7. You'll please cover W.P.A. and War Risk, which are the general clauses of marine insurance, won't you?
请你方保水渍险和战争险,好吗?这些都是海运保险的一般条款。

8. But as a rule, we don't cover them unless you want to.
不过,按照惯例,除非你方要求,否则我方是不投保这些险种的。

9. May I ask what exactly insurance covers according to your usual C.I.F terms?
请问根据你们常用的CIF价格条件,所保的究竟包括哪些险种?

10. It 's important for you to read the "fine print" in any insurance policy so that you know what kind of coverage you are buying.  
阅读保险单上的"细则"对你十分重要,这样就能知道你要买的保险包括哪些项目。

11. I'd like to have the insurance of the goods covered at 130% of the invoice amount.
我希望将这批货物按发票金额的130%来投保。

12. Please note that our insurance coverage is for 110% of the invoice value only. If more than that is asked for, the extra premium should be borne by the buyer.
请注意,我们的保险范围只是发票金额的110%,如果要求投保更高的险别,额外的保费应由买方承担。

2004-5-14 07:15 KY2004
Imports and Exports进货与出货


1. Please let us know immediately when we can have a new supply.
有货可进时,请马上通知我。

2. We expect fifty to come in before the end of this month.
我们希望月底之前能进货50台。

3. You'll have it by the end of next week without fail.
下周结束前,你一定可以拿得到。

4. Would you tell us your earliest delivery date?
你能告诉我们你们最早的送货日期吗?

5. Delivery takes six weeks after we receive your order.
在接到订单后,要六个星期才能送货。

6. We can guarantee delivery before July 20.
7月20日前,我们保证可以送货。

7. What's the dispatch date for the EC-50 we ordered last week?
我们上周所订的EC-50的发货日期是几号?

8. Could you reconfirm the shipping date for me?
您能替我再确定一下运送日期吗?

9. They'll be sent on the tenth of November.
11月10日会送去。

10. They're scheduled to be sent on October the twentieth.
货预定在10月20日送去。

11. They are due to arrive in Seattle on March the second.
货预定在3月2日送达西雅图。

12. Now we're very busy, so I'm afraid it'll be about two months before we'll be able to deliver.
现在我们很忙,所以恐怕大约两个月后才能送货。

2004-5-14 07:16 KY2004
Signing Contracts签订合同


1. We're looking forward to discussing an agency contract with you.
我们期待和您讨论代理商合同。

2. We'll prepare a draft according to our standard contract.
我们会根据我们的标准合同,准备一份草案。

3. After the draft is completed, we can work out any minor problems.
草案完成后,我们就可以解决其他较小的问题了。

4. The first point we should discuss is the procedure for starting sales.
我们该讨论的第一点是开卖的程序。

5. We'd like to discuss the details of the contract, especially discrepancy and claim.
我们想讨论合同的各项细目,特别是差异和索赔。

6. I think we'd better make it a separate term.
我想我们最好把它单独列为一项。

7. According to the draft, if we want to file a claim for damage, we should give you a survey report issued by a surveyor approved by you.
根据草案,如果我们想就货物破损提出索赔,需要向你们提交一份由你们同意的检查机
构的检验报告。

8. Can we add it as a condition in the clause?
我们能否把这一点作为条件加进这一条款?

9. How long will the contract last?
合同要订多长时间?

10. Initially, it would run for one year as a trial period. If everything is satisfactory, it could be renewed and extended two years.
刚开始是一年,作为实验期,如果令人满意,合同可以重订,而且延长两年。

11. The details of the contract can be changed only when both parties agree to the change.
合约的细节,只有经双方同意才能修改。

12. With three months' notice the contract can be annulled.
经三个月的公告,合约便可废止。

2004-5-14 07:17 KY2004
Commodity Inspection商品检验


1. How will the clause of inspection be stipulated in the contract?
检验条款合同中应如何规定?

2. As an integral part of the contract, the inspection of goods has its special importance.
作为合同里的一个组成部分,商品检验具有特殊的重要性。

3. The exporters have the right to inspect the export goods before delivery to the shipping line.
出口商在向船运公司托运前有权检验商品。

4. The inspection should be completed within a month after the arrival of the goods.
商品检验工作在到货后一个月内完成。

5. Do you mean that you sell on shipped quality and quantity?
你是说你们按离岸时品质及数量卖货吗?

6. But in the case of disqualification or short-weight on arrival?
但如果货到后发现质量不合格或短货怎么办?

7. Our goods must be up to export standards before the Inspection Bureau releases them.
我们的货物只有在符合出口标准后商检局才会放行。

8. The certificate will be issued by China Import and Export Commodity Inspection Bureau or by any of its branches.
检验证明书将由中国进出口商品检验局或其分支机构出具。

9. Would you tell me whether we the buyers have the right to reinspect the goods when the goods arrive?
请你告诉我,货物抵达后买方是否有权复查?

10. What's the time limit for the reinspection?
复查的时限是什么时候?

11. What if the results from the inspection and the reinspection do not coincide with each other?
如果检验和复查的结果有出入该怎么办呢?

12. It is international practice that the reinspection should be made within 7 days upon the arrival and if any discrepancies are found, you may lodge claims with us within 30 days.
根据国际惯例,对商品的复查应在货物抵达后7天内进行。如果发现有任何差异,
你方在30天内可以向我方提出索赔。

2004-5-14 07:18 KY2004
Demanding Actions and Reminders催促与提醒


1. How soon can we expect your answer to our proposal?
关于我们的提议,我们多久能得到你的答复?

2. I can't be sure now because I have to discuss it with my boss back at home.
我现在无法确定,因为我必须回去和老板讨论一下。

3. Then I'll give you until next Wednesday, OK?
那么,我给你到下星期三的期限,好吗?

4. Please be sure to get me a sample tomorrow morning.
请务必在明天早上给我一个样品。

5. How soon would you like to have them done?
你要我多久把这些做好?

6. Well, this one is pressing, but the other one can wait.
嗯,这个很紧迫,不过另一件可以缓一缓。

7. I know it's difficult to have them delivered next week, but we'd appreciate if you could. We're completely out of stock at present.
我知道要下星期送货很难,但如果能的话,我们会很感激的。我们现在完全缺货。

8. Would the shipment get to us in time for Christmas?
这批货能在圣诞节前及时送到我们手中吗?

9. Well, that I have to figure out.
嗯,那我要推算一下。

10. I am calling in connection with an order we placed a long time ago.
我打电话来,是想问关于我们很久以前订货的事。

11. It's No. 4267/UG. It was made by telephone on Sept. 12th and confirmed by a letter a week later.
合同号码是4267/UG,是9月12日以电话、一星期后又以信确定的。

12. Oh, now I've found out everything about it. It's going to be a long story.
哦,现在我查出有关它的一切了。真是说来话长。

2004-5-14 07:19 KY2004
Complaints抱怨


1. If we can't get the goods by March the first, we'll have to cancel the order.
如果3月1日前无法拿到货物,我们就只能取消订货了。

2. Your shipment hasn't arrived because it is stuck in customs.
你们的货还没到是因为在海关遭到阻止。

3. We'll check into it and call you as soon as possible.
我们会调查,并会尽快给你电话。

4. About fifteen percent of the goods were damaged on arrival. I can't understand it.
货物送达时,大约有15%受损。我真搞不明白。

5. The packing is not complete and everything is stained.
包装不完整,全部都污损了。

6. We asked for a double-carton, but it came in a single-carton.
我们要求用双层的纸板盒,送达时却是单层的纸板盒。

7. We ordered SR-17, but we received SU-17.
我们订的是SR-17,但收到的却是SU-17。

8. The invoice shows forty-five units, but we received only forty.
发票上写的是45台,但我们只收到40台。

9. The goods are not up to par. They are inferior compared to the original sample.
这些货物未达标准,它们比原样品差。

10. We received your invoice, but there was no discount.
我们收到了贵公司的发票,可是没有折扣。

11. The contract says a twenty percent discount, but they've discounted only fifteen percent.
合约上说是达八折,不过却只打了八五折。

12. We received your statement, but you charged us for items we didn't order.
我们收到了贵公司的对账单,可是,贵公司向我们索费我们没订的品目。

2004-5-14 07:20 KY2004
Claim索赔

  
1. We filed a claim against you for the shortweight.
关于短重问题,我们已经向你方提出索赔。

2. We've given your claim our careful consideration.
我们已经就你们提出的索赔做了仔细研究。

3. I want to settle our claim on you for the 100 tons of bleached cotton waste, as per Sales Confirmation No. 125EC.
我们想处理一下关于销售确认书第125EC号100吨漂白废棉的索赔问题。

4. Claims for incorrect material must be made within 60 days after arrival of the goods.
有关不合格材料的索赔问题必须在货到后60天内予以解决。

5. I'm afraid you should compensate us by 5% of the total amount of the contract.
贵公司要赔偿我方合同全部金额的百分之五。

6. The Japanese Company agreed to compensate us for the defective watches by 5% of the total value.
日本公司同意就手表不精确向我们赔偿总价值的百分之五。

7. In my opinion, it's evident that damages must have occurred during transit.
依我看,损坏显然是在运输过程中造成的。

8. So far we haven't had any complaint of this kind.
至今我们没有过这类投诉。

9. Do you have any proofs?
你们由证据吗?

10. The certificate indicates that some of the rollers are rusted.
商检证书上标明有些滚筒生锈了。

11. We regret for the loss you have suffered and agree to compensate you by $500.
我们对你方遭受的损失深表歉意,同意向你们赔偿500美元。

12. We are not in a position to entertain your claim.
我们不能接受你们提出的索赔要求。


2004-5-14 07:21 KY2004
Recommending another Product推荐另一种产品


1. There has been a model change.
款式改变了。

2. It's no longer in production and has been replaced by our new model.
那已经不再生产,并为我们新型的产品所替代。

3. Here is a most recently developed product.
这是最新研制的产品。

4. Its quality will be an agreeable surprise to you besides the new style.
它不仅款式新颖,而且质量会令您十分惊喜。

5. I am sorry, but that has been sold out. Would you like to have a look at our other products?
很抱歉,那已经卖完了,您要看看我们的其他产品吗?

6. We can recommend this brand as a good substitute.
我们可以介绍这种品牌,以为替代。

7. Can't you take the new model?
您不能订购新的款式吗?

8. Our new model is superior compared to the old one in energy saving.
我们的新款式在节约能源方面要优于旧款。

9. This brand is more popular than that one in European market.
这个品牌在欧洲市场上比那个更受欢迎。

10. We altered the model last month.
我们上月换了款式。

11. If the goods are not what you expected, we'll be glad to exchange them. Would you like to see our latest models?
如果货品不是你们所期望的,我们很乐意更换。您要看一下我们最新的款式吗?

12. If you place an order for the new product, we'll give you a five percent discount.
如果你订我们的新产品,我们给你5%的折扣。

页: [1] 2
查看完整版本: WTO English 600