1) The performance was very funny.
2) Serving the people is my great happiness.
3) Whether we’ll go depends on the weather.
4) Many natural materials are becoming scarce.
5) Both you and I are students.
6) What I think and what I seek have been fairly reflected in my paper.
What we have to learn are the pieces of language that produce inversion.
The performance of the first three clowns was very funny.
（2）由as well as, with, along with, like, together with, rather than, except, but, including, accompanied by, plus, besides, in addition to, no less than 等引起的结构跟在主语后面，不能看作是并列主语，该主语不受这些词组引导的插入语的影响，主语如是单数，其谓语动词仍然用单数形式。例如：
1) My mother, as well as my father, has a key to the office.
2) The man together with his wife and children sits there watching TV.
3) His sister no less than you is wrong.
4) The reading course book, plus its reference books, is helpful to college students.
Grandpa Wang with his son, both looking very happy, are taking a walk in the park.
(3)有些代词只能指单数可数名词，当它们在句子中作主语时，尽管在意义上是多数，谓语动词仍要用单数形式。这类代词有either, neither, each, one, the other, another, somebody, someone, something, anyone, anything, anybody, everyone, everything, everybody, no one, nothing, nobody等。例如：
1) Neither likes the friends of the other. (两人都不喜欢对方的朋友。)
2) Everything around us is matter. (我们周围的所有东西都是物质。)
(4)在neither of与either of的结构里，一般语法书都认为谓语动词可用单数形式也可用复数形式，但在美国的TOEFL考试内要求用单数形式。例如：
1) Neither of them was in good health, but both worked very hard.
2) Has either of them been seen recently?
1)The bread and butter is served for breakfast. (早饭供应黄油面包。)
2)The bread and the butter are on sale. (正在出售黄油和面包。)
（6）当one of, a portion of, a series of, a species of, a chain of 结构作主语时，谓语动词要用单数形式。例如：
1)One of those students has passed the examination.
2)A series of pre-recorded tapes has been prepared for language laboratory use.
(7)form of, type of, kind of 结构的谓语视form, type与kind的单复数而定.these/those kind/type of后是复数名词，谓语动词用复数形式。例如：
1) The kind of books an author writes depends on the kind of man who he is.
2) Some new types of cars are now on show.
3)These kind of recorders are good.
(8)由one and a half + 复数名词作主语时，谓语动词视名词的单复数形式而定。例如：
One and a half apples is left on the plate.
(9) 由the majority of + 名词作主语时，谓语动词视名词的单复数形式而定。例如：
1) The majority of the damage is easy to repair.
2) The majority of criminals are non-violent.
（10）plenty of, half of, a lot of, lots of, heaps of, loads of, scads of等 + 可数与不可数名词作主语时，不可数名词的谓语只用单数，可数名词的谓语视可数名词的单复数而定。例如：
1）Half of this building is to be completed by spring.
2）Half of the buildings have been painted completely.
3）There is plenty of water in the pail.
4）There are plenty of eggs in the box.
5）There is loads of milk on the farm.
6）There are loads of big red apples on the ground.
1）Row upon row of soldiers is marching towards us on the field.
2）A body of volunteers has been organized to aid the helpless in their struggle for survival.
（11）由all of, most of, a lot of, some of, none of, plenty of , the rest 等 + 名词作主语时，谓语动词的单数形式应与名词一致。例如：
1）None of the books satisfy the students.
2）None of this meat is fit to eat.
3）All of the research work was designed by the chief engineer.
4）All of the students are against the plan for an outing at this time of the term.
（12）由more than one (或more than one + 单数名词)，many a + 单数名词作主语，谓语动词要用单数形式。例如：
1）More than one student has passed the examination.
2）Many a boy learns to swim before he can read.
例如：More than two hundred students have attended the lecture.
（13）quantity of + 不可数名词，谓语动词用单数形式; quantities of + 可数与不可数名词，谓语动词用复数形式。例如：
1）Great quantities of milk are needed in this city.
2）There is a large quantity of milk.
（14）如果名词词组中心词是“分数或百分数 + of + 名词”，谓语动词的单、复数形式取决于of后的名词或代词的单、复数形式。例如：
1）Over three-quarters of the swampland has been reclaimed.
2）Two-thirds of the people present are against the plan.
1）He is one of the men who were chosen to represent the group.
2）“Keep cool” is the first of the rules that are to be remembered in an accident.
He is the only one of those boys who is willing to take on another assignment.